AccuWeather Announces Updates to Award-Winning App
- October 03, 2019; 9:53 AM
Recent updates for iOS and Android include AccuWeather RealFeel Shade™, enhanced Allergy section and more to provide unprecedented level of weather detail and information on the go.
AccuWeather Global Weather Center, October 3, 2019 - AccuWeather today announced a range of recent updates to its award-winning mobile application for an even more personalized user experience. The AccuWeather app, available for both iOS and Android, now provides additional contextual information that allows people to make better informed decisions about their days based on the weather. The AccuWeather app is free to download and can be found at https://downloads.accuweather.com/
"With the school year well underway, the cool crisp days of fall beginning, and the holidays approaching, people's days are jam-packed with activities and plans that won't wait, come rain or come shine," said AccuWeather Global Chief Product Officer Kurt Fulepp. "Time is precious, and at AccuWeather we take very seriously our responsibility to provide not only an abundance of weather detail, but also the proper context, so people understand exactly how the weather forecast for their specific location might impact their work and family activities and how they can prepare to get the most out of their day."
AccuWeather's RealFeel® Temperature has always been effective in informing people what the temperature feels like compared to what the actual air temperature is outside. Now, users of the free AccuWeather app can take that RealFeel context a step further by accessing what the temperature will feel like in the shade through its AccuWeather RealFeel Shade™ indicator. This can be extremely helpful when planning outdoor activities because the variance of just a few degrees can feel significantly different. For example, a family dressing to watch a fall soccer game on an open field in the sun may require different clothing options or layers than a family going to watch a baseball game across town where the stands are shaded.
In addition, the AccuWeather app's Allergy Indicator has been enhanced to give people a deeper look at allergy levels in the upcoming week. As a result of user feedback, AccuWeather said it updated the Allergy section on the app's home screen to include a look at the impact levels for all of the five allergens - Tree Pollen, Grass Pollen, Ragweed Pollen, Mold, and Dust and Dander - at a glance for the day. The Weekly Outlook feature allows people to explore each allergen further to determine its expected impact over the course of a week on their health and well-being.
"Often the best feature enhancements come from our users who regularly share feedback that helps us to deliver the most accurate weather forecasts, news, information and other variables in a way that makes AccuWeather even more indispensable to their daily lives. Hearing from our users on ways in which more detailed weather intelligence could help their daily routines and decision-making is an important way to ensure our app remains one of the highest rated in the App Store and Google Play store," continued Fulepp. "These recent updates to our app speak directly to that commitment, and we are excited to hear what people think of our latest app enhancements."
The recent improvements to AccuWeather's app join its long list of innovative features that deliver user-centric weather information and detail combined with its proven Superior Accuracy™. This includes extensive tracking capabilities for tropical storms and hurricanes, MinuteCast® Minute by Minute™ forecasts, Future Radar, extended forecasts, trending weather videos, AccuWeather WinterCast™ with its snow fall probability section and more.
For more information on the AccuWeather app for iOS and Android, visit AccuWeather.com.
About AccuWeather, Inc. and AccuWeather.com - AccuWeather, recognized and documented as the most accurate source of weather forecasts and warnings in the world, has saved tens of thousands of lives, prevented hundreds of thousands of injuries and tens of billions of dollars in property damage. With global headquarters in State College, PA and other offices around the world, AccuWeather serves more than 1.5 billion people daily to help them plan their lives and get more out of their day through digital media properties, such as AccuWeather.com and mobile, as well as radio, television, newspapers, and the 24/7 AccuWeather Network channel. Additionally, AccuWeather produces and distributes news, weather content, and video for more than 180,000 third-party websites. Among AccuWeather's many innovative and award-winning features available free to the public are MinuteCast® Minute by Minute™ forecasts with Superior Accuracy™. Furthermore, AccuWeather serves more than half of Fortune 500 companies and thousands of businesses globally. Dr. Joel N. Myers, Founder and Chief Executive Officer, established AccuWeather in 1962 and is considered the "father of modern commercial meteorology."
Dr. Myers, a leading creative thinker and visionary, has been named "the most accurate man in weather" by The New York Times and one of the top entrepreneurs in American history by Entrepreneur's Encyclopedia of Entrepreneurs.
AccuWeather, RealFeel, WinterCast, and MinuteCast are all registered trademarks of AccuWeather, Inc. AccuWeather RealFeel Temperature, AccuWeatherIQ, AccuWeather RealImpact, AccuWeather RI, AccuWeather MinuteCast, AccuWeather Network, Minute by Minute and Superior Accuracy are all trademarks of AccuWeather, Inc. All other trademarks, product names and logos are the property of their respective owners.
The AccuWeather app for Android phone and tablet users is free at the Google Play store. The
AccuWeather iOS app is free at www.AppStore.com. Visit accuweather.com for additional information.
AccuWeather.com Press Room
- AccuWeather Announces Updates to Award-Winning App
- October 03, 2019; 9:53 AM
- Recent updates for iOS and Android include AccuWeather RealFeel Shade™, enhanced Allergy section and more to provide unprecedented level of weather detail and information on the go.
- Launch of AccuWeatherIQ brings weather targeting to industry leading data platforms, enables brands and advertisers
- September 05, 2019; 12:00 PM
- New data product suite to help US advertisers and brands connect with users at relevant moments in time to maximize campaign performance.
- AccuWeather Announces Appointment of Scott Mackaro as Vice President, Science, Innovation and Development
- August 21, 2019; 2:30 PM
- Scott Mackaro, Ph.D., will lead AccuWeather’s scientific development and research operations, serving as the senior advisor on innovation and overseeing the advancement of new products and solutions in meteorology and other scientific disciplines.
- AccuWeather Continues Rapid Expansion with Relocation of Global Office in New York City
- July 08, 2019; 8:48 AM
- State-of-the-art facility at 7 World Trade Center in Lower Manhattan reflects AccuWeather’s continued growth in a variety of key functions, including product development and design, marketing, sales and advertising.
- AccuWeather Network® "Great American Road Trip" Content Series to Feature Highlights of the American Landscape
- July 03, 2019; 10:48 AM
- AccuWeather, the world’s largest and fastest-growing weather and digital media company, is celebrating the summer travel season with a special cross-channel content series, “The Great American Road Trip.” Throughout the month of July, the content will be featured on the AccuWeather Network® and found on the popular www.AccuWeather.com website.
- Steven R. Smith Named President of AccuWeather
- June 14, 2019; 8:57 AM
- Smith assumes leadership of enterprise-wide product, technology, R&D, corporate development and strategy, digital media division, content and the AccuWeather® Network.
- New AccuWeather RealFeel® Temperature Guide Will Enhance Outdoor Safety, Health and Comfort
- June 07, 2019; 1:59 PM
- Dr. Joel N. Myers: “Other weather variables in addition to temperature, such as sunlight, humidity, wind, precipitation and a multitude of other factors, can impact our comfort or discomfort outside and may even cause harm or illness. The AccuWeather RealFeel Temperature Guide is the only tool that works in all weather conditions and translates into actionable behavior choices.”
- Pocono Raceway Stays on Track with Unique Real-time Weather Insights from AccuWeather
- June 07, 2019; 1:44 PM
- Thanks to AccuWeather’s continuously updated race-day forecast, there was no rain delay for NASCAR’s “Pocono 400”—and walk-up ticket sales in the wake of an updated weather forecast boosted this year’s attendance.
- AccuWeather Earns TAG Certified Against Fraud Seal for Protecting Businesses, Consumers from Digital Advertising Fraud
- June 03, 2019; 9:54 AM
- AccuWeather, the world’s largest and fastest-growing weather and digital media company, today announced the Trustworthy Accountability Group (TAG) has awarded the company the coveted TAG Certified Against Fraud Seal.
- AccuWeather Marks 75th Anniversary of D-Day with Content Series on Weather's Influence on Allied Invasion
- May 30, 2019; 8:06 AM
- Little-known story of how an accurate weather forecast contributed to the Allied victory in World War II to be illuminated by AccuWeather throughout June's 75th anniversary of the invasion of Normandy.