Launch of AccuWeatherIQ brings weather targeting to industry leading data platforms, enables brands and advertisers
- September 05, 2019; 12:00 PM
New data product suite to help US advertisers and brands connect with users at relevant moments in time to maximize campaign performance.
AccuWeather Global Weather Center - September 5, 2019 - AccuWeather, the world's largest and fastest-growing weather and digital media company, today announced the launch of AccuWeatherIQ™, a new data product suite that enables brands and advertisers to utilize AccuWeather's unique proprietary weather forecasts for targeted advertising via segments available on leading data platforms.
AccuWeatherIQ will help advertisers connect with U.S. users experiencing a variety of weather conditions today, tomorrow, or "next weekend" to provide effective messaging based on lifestyle activities and health management preferences influenced by the weather. By using AccuWeather's weather data and proprietary forecasting tools, such as its exclusive AccuWeather RealFeel® Temperature and Lifestyle Indices, brands can create more personalized and contextual digital marketing campaigns that reach customers at relevant moments in time.
"AccuWeatherIQ answers a critical need identified by our many advertising clients, which is to efficiently and effectively extend weather-based campaigns from AccuWeather properties across their entire media strategy and spend using the same weather data assets—with assurances that the toughest standards of data privacy, consumer choice and protection are applied to such assets," said Scott Sameroff, AccuWeather's Senior Director of Data Products and Partnerships.
AccuWeatherIQ's weather data segments are currently available in the U.S. on Salesforce and LiveRamp Data Store in addition to AccuWeather's owned and operated media properties. AccuWeather teamed with this select group of trusted data partners, who are leaders in the market and share AccuWeather's commitment to consumer privacy and transparency.
"We have been dedicated to building products and advertising solutions that embrace the best practices of data privacy regulations to enable our U.S advertising partners to reach AccuWeather users at the right time and the right place, with the right context, while putting our users in charge of their data," said Eric Danetz, AccuWeather's Global Chief Revenue Officer. "By working with world-class partners, such as Salesforce, LiveRamp and Beemray, we are committed to maintaining industry-leading data privacy and consumer protection practices, while supporting business innovation and growth."
The AccuWeather app for both iOS and Android gives users control over when AccuWeather or its third-party partners may access user data, including device location data, and for what purposes such data may be used, with clear prompts and navigation screens and specific notice and consent language.
For more information on AccuWeatherIQ, contact AccuWeatherIQ@AccuWeather.com.
About AccuWeather, Inc. and AccuWeather.com
AccuWeather, recognized and documented as the most accurate source of weather forecasts and warnings in the world, has saved tens of thousands of lives, prevented hundreds of thousands of injuries and tens of billions of dollars in property damage. With global headquarters in State College, PA and other offices around the world, AccuWeather serves more than 1.5 billion people daily to help them plan their lives and get more out of their day through digital media properties, such as AccuWeather.com and mobile, as well as radio, television, newspapers, and the 24/7 AccuWeather Network channel. Additionally, AccuWeather produces and distributes news, weather content, and video for more than 180,000 third-party websites. Among AccuWeather's many innovative and award-winning features available free to the public are MinuteCast® Minute by Minute™ forecasts with Superior Accuracy™. Furthermore, AccuWeather serves more than half of Fortune 500 companies and thousands of businesses globally. Dr. Joel N. Myers, Founder and Chief Executive Officer, established AccuWeather in 1962 and is considered the "father of modern commercial meteorology." Dr. Myers, a leading creative thinker and visionary, has been named "the most accurate man in weather" by The New York Times and one of the top entrepreneurs in American history by Entrepreneur's Encyclopedia of Entrepreneurs.
AccuWeather, RealFeel, and MinuteCast are all registered trademarks of AccuWeather, Inc. AccuWeather RealFeel Temperature, AccuWeatherIQ, AccuWeather RealImpact, AccuWeather RI, AccuWeather MinuteCast, AccuWeather Network, Minute by Minute and Superior Accuracy are all trademarks of AccuWeather, Inc. All other trademarks, product names and logos are the property of their respective owners.
The AccuWeather app for Android phone and tablet users is free at the Google Play store. The AccuWeather iOS app is free at www.AppStore.com. Visit accuweather.com for additional information.
AccuWeather.com Press Room
- AccuWeather Announces Updates to Award-Winning App
- October 03, 2019; 9:53 AM
- Recent updates for iOS and Android include AccuWeather RealFeel Shade™, enhanced Allergy section and more to provide unprecedented level of weather detail and information on the go.
- Launch of AccuWeatherIQ brings weather targeting to industry leading data platforms, enables brands and advertisers
- September 05, 2019; 12:00 PM
- New data product suite to help US advertisers and brands connect with users at relevant moments in time to maximize campaign performance.
- AccuWeather Announces Appointment of Scott Mackaro as Vice President, Science, Innovation and Development
- August 21, 2019; 2:30 PM
- Scott Mackaro, Ph.D., will lead AccuWeather’s scientific development and research operations, serving as the senior advisor on innovation and overseeing the advancement of new products and solutions in meteorology and other scientific disciplines.
- AccuWeather Continues Rapid Expansion with Relocation of Global Office in New York City
- July 08, 2019; 8:48 AM
- State-of-the-art facility at 7 World Trade Center in Lower Manhattan reflects AccuWeather’s continued growth in a variety of key functions, including product development and design, marketing, sales and advertising.
- AccuWeather Network® "Great American Road Trip" Content Series to Feature Highlights of the American Landscape
- July 03, 2019; 10:48 AM
- AccuWeather, the world’s largest and fastest-growing weather and digital media company, is celebrating the summer travel season with a special cross-channel content series, “The Great American Road Trip.” Throughout the month of July, the content will be featured on the AccuWeather Network® and found on the popular www.AccuWeather.com website.
- Steven R. Smith Named President of AccuWeather
- June 14, 2019; 8:57 AM
- Smith assumes leadership of enterprise-wide product, technology, R&D, corporate development and strategy, digital media division, content and the AccuWeather® Network.
- New AccuWeather RealFeel® Temperature Guide Will Enhance Outdoor Safety, Health and Comfort
- June 07, 2019; 1:59 PM
- Dr. Joel N. Myers: “Other weather variables in addition to temperature, such as sunlight, humidity, wind, precipitation and a multitude of other factors, can impact our comfort or discomfort outside and may even cause harm or illness. The AccuWeather RealFeel Temperature Guide is the only tool that works in all weather conditions and translates into actionable behavior choices.”
- Pocono Raceway Stays on Track with Unique Real-time Weather Insights from AccuWeather
- June 07, 2019; 1:44 PM
- Thanks to AccuWeather’s continuously updated race-day forecast, there was no rain delay for NASCAR’s “Pocono 400”—and walk-up ticket sales in the wake of an updated weather forecast boosted this year’s attendance.
- AccuWeather Earns TAG Certified Against Fraud Seal for Protecting Businesses, Consumers from Digital Advertising Fraud
- June 03, 2019; 9:54 AM
- AccuWeather, the world’s largest and fastest-growing weather and digital media company, today announced the Trustworthy Accountability Group (TAG) has awarded the company the coveted TAG Certified Against Fraud Seal.
- AccuWeather Marks 75th Anniversary of D-Day with Content Series on Weather's Influence on Allied Invasion
- May 30, 2019; 8:06 AM
- Little-known story of how an accurate weather forecast contributed to the Allied victory in World War II to be illuminated by AccuWeather throughout June's 75th anniversary of the invasion of Normandy.