AccuWeather Continues Rapid Expansion with Relocation of Global Office in New York City
- July 08, 2019; 8:48 AM
State-of-the-art facility at 7 World Trade Center in Lower Manhattan reflects AccuWeather's continued growth in a variety of key functions, including product development and design, marketing, sales and advertising.
AccuWeather Global Weather Center - July 8, 2019 - AccuWeather, the world's largest and fastest-growing weather digital media company, today announced the expansion and relocation of its offices in New York City from Midtown to Lower Manhattan's financial district. The move supports AccuWeather's accelerated growth in digital media, enhanced marketing, product development and superior design. This new location will result in enhanced collaboration opportunities and enhanced services given the close proximity to client partners.
The offices are located at 7 World Trade Center (WTC), 250 Greenwich Street, on the 32nd floor and represent nearly a doubling of the space AccuWeather formerly occupied in Rockefeller Center. The state-of-the-art work space features sweeping and grand views of the Hudson and East Rivers in addition to the new World Trade Center. The design and layout are conducive to enhanced internal collaboration and will be utilized for digital and linear video content development and the AccuWeather Network® as well.
"New York City is the hub of the advertising business in the U.S. and a gateway to the world in many respects, so it is natural that we continue to grow our footprint here," said Dr. Joel N. Myers, AccuWeather Founder and CEO. "The new location enables us serve clients more effectively and also helps us to attract world-class expertise and talent in media sales, consumer product development, visual design and marketing that AccuWeather demands."
Relocating its New York office to 7 World Trade Center in Lower Manhattan reflects AccuWeather's continued growth in a variety of key functions, including product development and design, marketing, sales and advertising. (Photo: Joe Woolhead, Silverstein Properties)
"The new site places AccuWeather at the epicenter of where media and tech have converged in New York City and the world," said Eric Danetz, AccuWeather Global Chief Revenue Officer. "It's a high-profile location with hundreds of media companies, advertising and marketing technology firms, investors and influencers in key global markets. We're excited about working in closer proximity to potential customers and partners, so we can quickly respond to their unique needs and collaborate on exciting, cutting-edge initiatives."
AccuWeather's global headquarters is located in State College, Pennsylvania, the center of its media production and weather forecasting operations. AccuWeather operates its Severe Weather Center, known as the most accurate source of severe weather forecasts in the world, in Wichita, Kansas, and maintains offices in Beijing, Dublin, Montreal, Mumbai, Oklahoma City, Seoul and Tokyo. The company employs approximately 500 team members, including more than 100 operational meteorologists.
The expanded office in New York reflects the rapid growth in AccuWeather's digital products and content development operations over the past decade. Said Kurt Fulepp, AccuWeather's Global Chief Product Officer, "AccuWeather's growth as a technology company will be very well-served by our new facilities. We are continuing to attract and hire top product managers, designers, developers and analysts, and this opportunity with additional space will serve to facilitate our diverse and growing talent pool."
The state-of-the-art work space at AccuWeather's New York office features sweeping views. (Photo: Joe Woolhead, Silverstein Properties)
The 52-story, 1.7 million-square-foot 7 WTC building is a benchmark of innovative design, safety, and sustainability. 7 WTC developer Larry Silverstein has drawn a diverse roster of tenants, including Moody's Corporation, New York Academy of Sciences, Mansueto Ventures, Moët Hennessy, and WilmerHale. The building is fully occupied, having attracted many Midtown companies to a revitalized Lower Manhattan. Ben Fastenberg, Senior Vice President at CBRE, was responsible for the leasing.
For more information or to learn more about AccuWeather's Global Office at 7 World Trade Center, please contact PR@AccuWeather.com.
About AccuWeather, Inc. and AccuWeather.com
AccuWeather, recognized and documented as the most accurate source of weather forecasts and warnings in the world, has saved tens of thousands of lives, prevented hundreds of thousands of injuries and tens of billions of dollars in property damage. With global headquarters in State College, PA and other offices around the world, AccuWeather serves more than 1.5 billion people daily to help them plan their lives and get more out of their day through radio, television, newspapers, smart phones, tablets, connected TVs, the AccuWeather Network and AccuWeather.com. Additionally, AccuWeather produces and distributes news, weather content, and video for more than 180,000 third-party websites. Among AccuWeather's many innovative and award-winning features available free to the public are MinuteCast® Minute by Minute™ forecasts with Superior Accuracy™. Furthermore, AccuWeather serves more than half of Fortune 500 companies and thousands of businesses globally. Dr. Joel N. Myers, Founder and Chief Executive Officer, established AccuWeather in 1962 and is considered the "father of modern commercial meteorology." Dr. Myers, a leading creative thinker and visionary, has been named "the most accurate man in weather" by The New York Times and one of the top entrepreneurs in American history by Entrepreneur's Encyclopedia of Entrepreneurs.
AccuWeather, RealFeel, and MinuteCast are all registered trademarks of AccuWeather, Inc. AccuWeather RealFeel Temperature, AccuWeather RealImpact, AccuWeather RI, AccuWeather MinuteCast, AccuWeather Network, Minute by Minute and Superior Accuracy are all trademarks of AccuWeather, Inc. All other trademarks, product names and logos are the property of their respective owners.
The AccuWeather app for Android phone and tablet users is free at the Google Play store. The AccuWeather iOS app is free at www.AppStore.com. Visit accuweather.com for additional information.
AccuWeather.com Press Room
- AccuWeather Announces Updates to Award-Winning App
- October 03, 2019; 9:53 AM
- Recent updates for iOS and Android include AccuWeather RealFeel Shade™, enhanced Allergy section and more to provide unprecedented level of weather detail and information on the go.
- Launch of AccuWeatherIQ brings weather targeting to industry leading data platforms, enables brands and advertisers
- September 05, 2019; 12:00 PM
- New data product suite to help US advertisers and brands connect with users at relevant moments in time to maximize campaign performance.
- AccuWeather Announces Appointment of Scott Mackaro as Vice President, Science, Innovation and Development
- August 21, 2019; 2:30 PM
- Scott Mackaro, Ph.D., will lead AccuWeather’s scientific development and research operations, serving as the senior advisor on innovation and overseeing the advancement of new products and solutions in meteorology and other scientific disciplines.
- AccuWeather Continues Rapid Expansion with Relocation of Global Office in New York City
- July 08, 2019; 8:48 AM
- State-of-the-art facility at 7 World Trade Center in Lower Manhattan reflects AccuWeather’s continued growth in a variety of key functions, including product development and design, marketing, sales and advertising.
- AccuWeather Network® "Great American Road Trip" Content Series to Feature Highlights of the American Landscape
- July 03, 2019; 10:48 AM
- AccuWeather, the world’s largest and fastest-growing weather and digital media company, is celebrating the summer travel season with a special cross-channel content series, “The Great American Road Trip.” Throughout the month of July, the content will be featured on the AccuWeather Network® and found on the popular www.AccuWeather.com website.
- Steven R. Smith Named President of AccuWeather
- June 14, 2019; 8:57 AM
- Smith assumes leadership of enterprise-wide product, technology, R&D, corporate development and strategy, digital media division, content and the AccuWeather® Network.
- New AccuWeather RealFeel® Temperature Guide Will Enhance Outdoor Safety, Health and Comfort
- June 07, 2019; 1:59 PM
- Dr. Joel N. Myers: “Other weather variables in addition to temperature, such as sunlight, humidity, wind, precipitation and a multitude of other factors, can impact our comfort or discomfort outside and may even cause harm or illness. The AccuWeather RealFeel Temperature Guide is the only tool that works in all weather conditions and translates into actionable behavior choices.”
- Pocono Raceway Stays on Track with Unique Real-time Weather Insights from AccuWeather
- June 07, 2019; 1:44 PM
- Thanks to AccuWeather’s continuously updated race-day forecast, there was no rain delay for NASCAR’s “Pocono 400”—and walk-up ticket sales in the wake of an updated weather forecast boosted this year’s attendance.
- AccuWeather Earns TAG Certified Against Fraud Seal for Protecting Businesses, Consumers from Digital Advertising Fraud
- June 03, 2019; 9:54 AM
- AccuWeather, the world’s largest and fastest-growing weather and digital media company, today announced the Trustworthy Accountability Group (TAG) has awarded the company the coveted TAG Certified Against Fraud Seal.
- AccuWeather Marks 75th Anniversary of D-Day with Content Series on Weather's Influence on Allied Invasion
- May 30, 2019; 8:06 AM
- Little-known story of how an accurate weather forecast contributed to the Allied victory in World War II to be illuminated by AccuWeather throughout June's 75th anniversary of the invasion of Normandy.