AccuWeather Network® "Great American Road Trip" Content Series to Feature Highlights of the American Landscape
- July 03, 2019; 10:48 AM
AccuWeather Global Weather Center - July 3, 2019 - AccuWeather, the world's largest and fastest-growing weather and digital media company, is celebrating the summer travel season with a special cross-channel content series, "The Great American Road Trip." Throughout the month of July, the content will be featured on the AccuWeather Network® and found on the popular www.AccuWeather.com website.
Americans have enjoyed-and persevered through-summer road trips for nearly as long as we've had cars. While trip-gone-wrong tropes abound in popular culture, perhaps best exemplified by the hapless Griswold family's pilgrimage in National Lampoon's "Vacation," cruising the highways to exciting new destinations remains a touchstone of the American experience.
That's why AccuWeather, known for its weather forecasts with proven superior accuracy and compelling weather news content, is endeavoring to hit the scenic route this July with stops at and reporting from some of the country's most interesting attractions along the way.
"With a special focus on the way weather conditions can hamper or enhance the travel experience, our award-winning content team will be sharing the practical, the unpredictable and perhaps even some peculiar aspects of taking a road trip across the country," said AccuWeather Executive Producer Jim Proeller.
"Whether they're planning trips of their own, on the road themselves or just remembering their own past trips, people will get helpful information and see stories and situations that get to the heart of why so many of us love to travel across this country," Proeller said.
The content series kicks off with special stories on how best to prepare for the long, or short, haul. In the following weeks, viewers will join Video Producer-Editor Lincoln Riddle and his wife, travel journalist Holly Riddle, as they prepare to hit the road on their journey from State College, Pennsylvania, to Seattle, Washington. Along the way, they plan to stop at significant and historic spots, including Indiana Dunes National Park, Mount Rushmore, Yellowstone and Mount Rainier. Along with this trip, AccuWeather reporters will showcase other key destinations as well.
"At least, that's the plan," said Lincoln Riddle. "As anyone who's been on a trip like this knows, the circumstances you encounter on the road have a way of altering even the most carefully planned itinerary. Viewers will have to tune in to the AccuWeather Network or visit AccuWeather.com to see how our plans match the actual course of our journey."
New video content will debut on the AccuWeather Network each Tuesday and Thursday, with fresh stories coming at 7:30 a.m. and 4:30 p.m. ET. You can follow the activity on Twitter by using #GreatAmericanRoadTrip.
Stories in the series will premiere each Tuesday and Thursday throughout July on AccuWeather's web site, social media channels and the AccuWeather Network, available on DIRECTV®, DIRECTV Now, Verizon FIOS and Frontier cable systems. New video segments will post daily throughout the week. In addition to the video segments, in-depth articles will be available to provide more details, context and information. All of AccuWeather's Great American Road Trip content ultimately will be available at https://www.accuweather.com/en/weather-news/GreatAmericanRoadTrip.
About AccuWeather, Inc. and AccuWeather.com
AccuWeather, recognized and documented as the most accurate source of weather forecasts and warnings in the world, has saved tens of thousands of lives, prevented hundreds of thousands of injuries and tens of billions of dollars in property damage. With global headquarters in State College, PA and other offices around the world, AccuWeather serves more than 1.5 billion people daily to help them plan their lives and get more out of their day through radio, television, newspapers, smart phones, tablets, connected TVs, the AccuWeather Network and AccuWeather.com. Additionally, AccuWeather produces and distributes news, weather content, and video for more than 180,000 third-party websites. Among AccuWeather's many innovative and award-winning features available free to the public are MinuteCast® Minute by Minute™ forecasts with Superior Accuracy™. Furthermore, AccuWeather serves more than half of Fortune 500 companies and thousands of businesses globally. Dr. Joel N. Myers, Founder and Chief Executive Officer, established AccuWeather in 1962 and is considered the "father of modern commercial meteorology." Dr. Myers, a leading creative thinker and visionary, has been named "the most accurate man in weather" by The New York Times and one of the top entrepreneurs in American history by Entrepreneur's Encyclopedia of Entrepreneurs.
AccuWeather, RealFeel, and MinuteCast are all registered trademarks of AccuWeather, Inc. AccuWeather RealFeel Temperature, AccuWeather RealImpact, AccuWeather RI, AccuWeather MinuteCast, AccuWeather Network, Minute by Minute and Superior Accuracy are all trademarks of AccuWeather, Inc. All other trademarks, product names and logos are the property of their respective owners.
The AccuWeather app for Android phone and tablet users is free at the Google Play store. The AccuWeather iOS app is free at www.AppStore.com. Visit accuweather.com for additional information.
AccuWeather.com Press Room
- AccuWeather Announces Updates to Award-Winning App
- October 03, 2019; 9:53 AM
- Recent updates for iOS and Android include AccuWeather RealFeel Shade™, enhanced Allergy section and more to provide unprecedented level of weather detail and information on the go.
- Launch of AccuWeatherIQ brings weather targeting to industry leading data platforms, enables brands and advertisers
- September 05, 2019; 12:00 PM
- New data product suite to help US advertisers and brands connect with users at relevant moments in time to maximize campaign performance.
- AccuWeather Announces Appointment of Scott Mackaro as Vice President, Science, Innovation and Development
- August 21, 2019; 2:30 PM
- Scott Mackaro, Ph.D., will lead AccuWeather’s scientific development and research operations, serving as the senior advisor on innovation and overseeing the advancement of new products and solutions in meteorology and other scientific disciplines.
- AccuWeather Continues Rapid Expansion with Relocation of Global Office in New York City
- July 08, 2019; 8:48 AM
- State-of-the-art facility at 7 World Trade Center in Lower Manhattan reflects AccuWeather’s continued growth in a variety of key functions, including product development and design, marketing, sales and advertising.
- AccuWeather Network® "Great American Road Trip" Content Series to Feature Highlights of the American Landscape
- July 03, 2019; 10:48 AM
- AccuWeather, the world’s largest and fastest-growing weather and digital media company, is celebrating the summer travel season with a special cross-channel content series, “The Great American Road Trip.” Throughout the month of July, the content will be featured on the AccuWeather Network® and found on the popular www.AccuWeather.com website.
- Steven R. Smith Named President of AccuWeather
- June 14, 2019; 8:57 AM
- Smith assumes leadership of enterprise-wide product, technology, R&D, corporate development and strategy, digital media division, content and the AccuWeather® Network.
- New AccuWeather RealFeel® Temperature Guide Will Enhance Outdoor Safety, Health and Comfort
- June 07, 2019; 1:59 PM
- Dr. Joel N. Myers: “Other weather variables in addition to temperature, such as sunlight, humidity, wind, precipitation and a multitude of other factors, can impact our comfort or discomfort outside and may even cause harm or illness. The AccuWeather RealFeel Temperature Guide is the only tool that works in all weather conditions and translates into actionable behavior choices.”
- Pocono Raceway Stays on Track with Unique Real-time Weather Insights from AccuWeather
- June 07, 2019; 1:44 PM
- Thanks to AccuWeather’s continuously updated race-day forecast, there was no rain delay for NASCAR’s “Pocono 400”—and walk-up ticket sales in the wake of an updated weather forecast boosted this year’s attendance.
- AccuWeather Earns TAG Certified Against Fraud Seal for Protecting Businesses, Consumers from Digital Advertising Fraud
- June 03, 2019; 9:54 AM
- AccuWeather, the world’s largest and fastest-growing weather and digital media company, today announced the Trustworthy Accountability Group (TAG) has awarded the company the coveted TAG Certified Against Fraud Seal.
- AccuWeather Marks 75th Anniversary of D-Day with Content Series on Weather's Influence on Allied Invasion
- May 30, 2019; 8:06 AM
- Little-known story of how an accurate weather forecast contributed to the Allied victory in World War II to be illuminated by AccuWeather throughout June's 75th anniversary of the invasion of Normandy.